The breeding methods and precautions for Tulips
Tulip breeding has a relatively high environmental requirement and is difficult to maintain. However, as long as we understand its growth habits and find out its essence, farming is not so difficult. Here's the Plant House for everyone to share the "after the world flower" - the method of breeding tulips.
First. Earthed Plants
1. Bulb processing: Tulip bulbs need to be treated with low temperature before planting. Usually bulbs that have been treated for 2 to 3 months at 5°C or 9°C are commonly called “5°C balls” and “9°C balls”. Direct planting.
2, planting time: cultivation of tulips can be planted, can also be potted, both planting methods can be carried out in late October.
3, planting methods: planted spacing of 14 to 16 cm, full base fertilizer, covering the depth of about 4 cm, 15 to 20 cm deep ditch, after planting watering. Before and after germination and flowering, apply 2 to 4 thin fertilizers.
Second, potted plants:
1. Selection basin: Planting bulbs can be used in flowerpots with a diameter of 10 cm to 20 cm. The bottom of the basin is about 3 cm thick, with charcoal slag, brick stones, ceramsite, etc. as the drainage layer, and loose and fertile neutral soil. Pay attention to the use of new soil, the old soil planted lily plants and bulb flowers can not be used to prevent viruses, nematodes and other infections.
2, potted method: diameter 10 cm to 15 cm pots per pot of 1 ball to 2 balls, 18 cm to 20 cm pots per pot of 3 balls to 5 balls, when planting the top of the ball and the soil surface can be flush . After the planting, place the shade on the 3rd to the 5th, put the water in the cool place after the outdoor. Water should be poured when the surface of the potted soil is below 1 cm. From December to February of the following year: In the cold season, foam pots can be used to wrap the pots and put outdoor leeward sunny places. Roots above 5°C can grow. Pot soil does not dry, pouring is poured.
Third, maintenance requirements:
1. Soil: Tulips require loose fertility, well-drained, water-retentive and breathable soils for cultivation, and should remain slightly acidic (PH6-8.5). Avoid alkaline soils and soils of high viscosity. Use 1:1 for peat, rotting soil and sand. 1:1 mixing as a cultivation substrate, the effect is better.
2. Sunshine: Adequate sunlight is necessary for the growth of tulips. Insufficient light will cause poor plant growth, cause buds to fall off, plants become weaker, leaf color becomes lighter, and flowering time is shortened. However, after half a month, the tulip should be properly shaded to facilitate the development of new bulbs. In addition, when germinating, the elongation of flower buds is inhibited by light, and after shading, it can promote the elongation of flower buds and prevent the early vegetative growth from being too fast and long. After emergence, light should be increased to promote jointing of plants, forming flower buds and promoting coloration. After the late flower buds are fully colored, they should be protected from direct sunlight and extend flowering time.
3, temperature: Tulip hi warm winter, cool summer climate, growth temperature is 9-13 °C. Strong cold resistance, winter -35 °C low temperature resistance.
4, watering: After planting should be irrigated, so that the soil and bulbs can be fully integrated and conducive to rooting, sprouting should be appropriate after the water control, until the leaves gradually elongated, can be sprayed on the leaf surface, increase air humidity, pumping During the flowering and budding period, sufficient water supply should be ensured to promote the full development of flowers. After flowering, proper water control should be adopted.
5. Fertilization: Tulips have low requirements for fertilizers. If growth is weak, some nitrogen fertilizers can be applied. When the root system is well developed, apply 2 kg of calcium nitrate per 100 square meters and spread it in three separate batches at intervals of one week or more.
6. Insect pests: The pathogens of tulip pests and diseases can be carried by bulbs. They can also be carried by soil to infect the bulbs. They mostly occur in high temperature and high humidity conditions. The main diseases are stalk rot, soft rot, broken color disease, damping-off, Blind buds, insect pests are mostly locusts. Before planting, carry out adequate soil disinfection, and use detoxification seedball cultivation as much as possible. Find the diseased plants to dig out and destroy them in time. Pour 1~2 times of fungicide in the growth process of the greenhouse. The effect is better; good ventilation should be maintained to prevent high temperatures. High humidity; when aphids occur, they can be sprayed with 3% natural pyrethrin 800 times.
7, pruning: after the flower Xie, in addition to the scheduled to leave the mother of the parent plant, the rest need to cut off the flower stems in time, so that the supply of nutrients concentrated bulb development. At this point, the number of watering should be gradually reduced in order to facilitate the expansion of the new bulbs and texture enrichment.